Acies AI is a Toronto-based technology company that is reinventing the way businesses analyze their data and extract actionable insights. Our mission is to make it easy for everyone in a business to make sense of their data without relying on data scientists or data analysts. Acies AI is funded, with proven founders with multiple successful ventures in the past.
We are a technology-first company and we pride ourselves on supporting Fortune 500 companies with a small agile team and a modern technology stack. We integrate with global payment providers to provide business intelligence software for their customers. We process big-data at scale and produce beautiful reports and dashboards that are fully customizable through our modern Vue.js front-end.
We have a deep passion for finding innovative solutions to scale software to handle massive data and deliver real-time reports. We value individuality, diversity of thought and embrace a problem-solving culture.
Who you are
- You have at least 3 years of technical experience working in a product-driven environment
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
- You’re excited about delivering end-to-end experiences and are knowledgeable about software architecture across the backend (Node.js, microservices) and the APIs (REST) that bring it all together
- You have a strong fundamental understanding of data structures and algorithms
- You are comfortable working independently and reaching out across organizational boundaries to aid in problem-solving
- You care about the user experience and know-how to build user-friendly web applications
- You have experience with continuous delivery and automated testing
- Architect efficient backend microservices that drive complex, data-driven web applications
- Collaborate with our CTO, Product team, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Willingness to work on anything wherever needed. Nothing is outside of your job description
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Write automated tests (Mocha) as part of your development workflow
- Provide highly effective code reviews and peer support
- Become an expert in SQL within our columnar-store DBMS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Cloud experience, preferably in a serverless environment (AWS Lambda, Azure Functions)
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience developing within a CI/CD environment
- Ability to pick up new software, frameworks and APIs quickly
- A burning desire to build an insanely great product and make an impact
What We Offer
- Autonomy - You have the freedom to create your own path
- We value growth opportunities and career development to help you achieve your goals
- Competitive salary
- Generous Time Off Program
- Flexible work hours (half of your day must overlap with EST work-hours)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00-$155,000.00 per year in Canadian Dollars or equivalent
- Fully remote
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Unlimited sick days
- Work from home
- What is your citizenship/employment status?
- What are your salary expectations?
$120,000.00 - $155,000.00